Apple and bacon coleslaw
Preparation: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) white balsamic vinegar
- 60 ml (¼ cup) black olive oil
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) mayonnaise
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) maple syrup
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) fleur de sel
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) fresh orange juice
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) lemon juice
- Ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 6 slices crisp bacon, coarsely chopped
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 4 apples (we used Empire apples)
- In a non-stick frying pan, cook bacon until crisp. Pat dry, then chop coarsely.
- Finely slice fennel, cabbage, green onions and apples.
- Mix all ingredients and enjoy!
Tip (to save time, you can also buy a prepared coleslaw mix from your local store)