FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $90.Applicable terms.
Mediterranean Chicken with Olives and Lemon by Laurent Dagenais
Category: Main dishes
Preparation: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
- 1 chicken (whole)
- Fleur de sel La Belle Excuse to taste
- 3 tbsp of confit garlic mustard La Belle Excuse
- 3 large potatoes (Peeled + cut in wedges)
- 1 jar kalamata olives (with oil)
- 1 tbsp dried mountain oregano
- 1 head of garlic (cut in half)
- 2 lemons (1 cut in slices and 1 cut in half)
- Olive branches and leaves bouquet (optional)
- 1 shallot (cut in half)
- 3 sprigs of thyme
- 3 sprigs of rosemary
- Olive oil La Belle Excuse to taste
- Season the chicken with fleur de sel and using a brush or your hands, spread mustard all over the chicken skin. Stuff the chicken with the lemon, shallot, thyme and rosemary.
- Place the potato wedges at the bottom of a large roasting tray. Pour the whole olive jar of olives and oil on the potatoes. Add the dried oregano, lemon slices and garlic head.
- Place the chicken on top of the potatoes and olive branches (if you have) and drizzle with olive oil. Place in an oven preheated at 450 F for 15 minutes or until you get a nice coloration and turn the oven to 350 F for 30 minutes or until you reach 165 F internal.
- Rest chicken for 15-20 minutes, carve and serve!