FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $90.Applicable terms.
Home » Gourmet Recipes » Mediterranean style pasta with white beans and olive oil
Mediterranean style pasta with white beans and olive oil
Category: Main dishes
Serves : 4
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time : about 30 minutes
- 250 mL (2 cups) cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 can (398 mL) coarsely chopped artichokes
- 3 cups (750 mL) kale , coarsely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 can (540 mL) white beans, rinsed and drained
- A drizzle of La Belle Excuse Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- A pinch of La Belle Excuse Mediterranean Fleur de sel
- La Belle Excuse sea salt for cooking pasta
- Pepper to taste
- 454 g (1 lb) pasta of your choice 45 mL (3 tbsp.)
- (3 tbsp.) nutritional yeast (see NOTES)
- 15 to 20 La Belle Excuse Kalamata olives, pitted
- La Belle Excuse Balsamic Glaze to taste
NOTES: The nutritional yeast can be replaced by grated parmesan cheese, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a large baking sheet, spread cherry tomatoes, artichokes, kale, garlic and white beans. Drizzle with olive oil, add fleur de sel and pepper and mix well with your hands. Place in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until the kale is crisp.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to manufacturer’s instructions, adding La Belle Excuse sea salt once water is boiling. Drain, then return pasta to cooking pot. Set aside.
- Place the entire contents of the baking sheet in the pasta dish. Add the olives, baking powder (or Parmesan) and 2 to 3 tablespoons of the olive oil in which the olives are soaking. Adjust the seasoning and mix well. Serve immediately with a drizzle of balsamic glaze.
Can be kept for 3 to 4 days in the refrigerator. Do not freeze.