FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $90.Applicable terms.
Laurent Dagenais’ Roasted Eggplant
Category: Main dishes
Serves : 3
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time : about 45 minutes
- 3 eggplants
- 3 eggs
- 3 tbsp. (15 ml) LA BELLE EXCUSE olive oil
- LA BELLE EXCUSE Fleur de sel to taste
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 3-4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1-2 Serrano peppers, chopped
- 1 tsp (5 ml) paprika
- 1 tsp. (5 ml)cumin
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) LA BELLE EXCUSE red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup (150 ml) LA BELLE EXCUSE olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Brush eggplants generously with olive oil and season with salt. Place eggplants on a hot grill or baking sheet in a preheated oven at 500F (260 C).
- Bake for about 12-15 minutes, turning the eggplant a few times to brown all the skin.
- Transfer to a less hot part of the grill to continue cooking indirectly for about 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand for about 10 minutes before serving.
- In a small skillet, sauté green onion, garlic, chili and spices in a drizzle of olive oil over medium-high heat for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add tomato, vinegar and continue cooking for 1 minute. Remove from heat and stir in remaining oil.
- Adjust seasoning and set aside at room temperature.
- For the recipe on TikTok: TikTok Laurent Dagenais (@laurent.dagenais) | Watch the latest TikTok videos of Laurent Dagenais