FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $90.Applicable terms.
Home » Gourmet Recipes » Decadent flourless chocolate, olive oil and almond cake
Decadent flourless chocolate, olive oil and almond cake
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Maceration time: 30 minutes
- 115 g melted 70% dark chocolate
- 115 g crushed white chocolate
- 4 eggs (separated)
- 180 g powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup LA BELLE EXCUSE green olive oil
- 60 g slivered almonds
- 4-5 drops almond extract
- 1 good pinch of fleur de sel
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Separate the egg whites from the yolks. Using an electric mixer, whip the egg whites with half of the powdered sugar until they become white and firm.
- Melt the dark chocolate in a saucepan over a pot filled with simmering water. Grate the white chocolate.
- Mix the egg yolks with the other half of the powdered sugar and add the melted dark chocolate, olive oil, fleur de sel and drops of almond extract. Mix and add the sliced almonds and the crushed white chocolate.
- Gently fold in half of the egg whites in a circular motion. Add the remaining egg whites, being careful not to overbeat the mixture to keep the air incorporated.
- Using a brush, coat an 8-inch baking mold with the olive oil. Cut out a parchment paper base and place at the bottom of the pan to help unmold. Sprinkle the pan with a little flour to cover the edges (optional).
- Pour the cake mixture into the oil-coated pan. Bake for about 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out almost dry. The middle of the cake will remain moist, like a brownie. The cake will rise in the oven and then deflate as it cools forming a small crispy crust on top.
- Let cool for 30 minutes on the counter and then carefully remove from the pan.
- Chill the cake in the fridge for 4 to 6 hours before serving to prevent it from crumbling. Make sure to take the cake out of the refrigerator ten minutes before serving so that it is not too cold.