FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $90.Applicable terms.
Apple and raspberry crouscake
Preparation: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) of black olive oil
- 2000 ml (8 cups) tart apples, peeled and diced, such as Spartan
- 250 ml (1 cup) fresh raspberries
- 60 ml (¼ cup) packed old fashioned brown sugar
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) lemon juice
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) ground cinnamon
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- 500 ml (2 cups) milk
- 500 ml (2 cups) all-purpose flour
- 30 ml (2 tbsp.) 100% pure vanilla extract
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) fleur de sel
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- Place a rack in the middle of the oven and preheat to 425°F.
- In a saucepan, sauté the apples in 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Cook, turning as needed, until tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Sprinkle evenly with brown sugar, lemon juice and cinnamon and stir. Remove from heat.
- Oil a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with 1 tablespoon olive oil, tilting the dish to coat the bottom and sides. Place the apples in an even layer on the bottom of the dish. Add fresh raspberries.
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, flour, vanilla and fleur de sel until smooth. Gently pour the mixture over the fruit.
- Bake until puffed and golden, about 35 minutes. Remove from the oven. Using a fine-mesh sieve, sprinkle powdered sugar over the top. Serve immediately.