Lamb feast and tzatziki sauce by Laurent Dagenais
Category: Main dishes
Preparation: 15 minutes
Cooking time : 40 à 50 minutes + 30 minutes rest
Serves : 4
- 1 leg of lamb 1.5 kg (3 to 4 lbs) with the bone
- 3 tbsp Extra Virgin Green Olive Oil (first cold pressing)
- 2 tbsp Mediterranean Fleur de Sel
- 1 tbsp freshly cracked black pepper
- 3 tbsp dried mountain oregano
- 3 tbsp dried thyme
- 3 tbsp dried marjoram
- 3 tbsp paprika
- 650 ml plain Greek yogurt
- 2tbsp Extra Virgin Green Olive Oil (first cold pressing)
- 1 c.à s. Mediterranean Fleur de Sel
- 1 English cucumber (finely diced)
- 4-6 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 1 lemon (zest and juice)
- 1 bunch of dill
- 1 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- Drizzle Extra Virgin Green Olive Oil on the leg of lamb. Rub the lamb with the rest of the ingredients.
- Lightly oil the grill of a barbecue. Cook the meat on indirect heat until the internal temperature reaches at least 145°F (63°C), around 40-50 minutes. Turn the meat a few times during the cooking process.
- Leave to rest for a minimum of 30 minutes before slicing.
- In a large bowl, add plain Greek yogurt, Extra Virgin Green Olive Oil, cucumbers and all the remaining ingredients. Using a spoon, mix well and taste to check seasoning. Set aside in the fridge until serving.
Serve with your favourite grilled veggies and pita breads.